- The third installment of our three-part series on how to to find the best book promotions to sell your books.Read More »
- In episode 39 we’ll tackle the second part of our three-part series on how to sell more books with better book promotions. In this show we learn how readers buy books and how that affects what promotions you run.Read More »
- In this episode Chris explains the three cardinal rules of book promotions that will help insure the success of your book marketing efforts.Read More »
- In episode 37 of the Smarty Pants Book Marketing podcast, NY Times bestselling romance author Roni Loren shares her secrets on how to build raving fans with Facebook groups.Read More »
- In this week's episode author Chris Fox shares his expertise on the Amazon algorithm and how authors can train Amazon to help them sell books.Read More »
- In this episode of the Smarty Pants Book Marketing Podcast Chris talks about the pros, cons, purposes, and benefits of starting a Facebook group. Do you really need one? Listen on.Read More »
- In this week’s episode Chris and guest co-host author Michael Anderle discuss the process of hacking book marketing methods to match your goals and skills.Read More »
- In this week's episode Chris and guest co-host Dave Chesson show you how the right keywords can help you sell more books and get discovered by new readers.Read More »
- In this episode Chris and Becca talk about the concept of fitting your writing strategies to how your brain is wired. Becca talks about her background coaching authors and organizations in how to find their best strategic fit to accomplish their goals by discovering how their brain is wired to achieve success. Becca also talks about her upcoming online class with the Margie Lawson Writing Academy and how listeners can participate in the Write Better Faster class.Read More »
- In this episode Chris and Becca tackle appropriate and budget-friendly marketing strategies for authors at various stages (or platform levels) in their author careers.Read More »
- Show Notes and Links: Download the free tool for this episode here In this episode, we’ll talk about: -Two reasons why your books are not selling well. -Why writing fast turbocharges your platform building process. -Does your marketing have … Read MoreRead More »
- Episode 29 of the podcast is all about tackling the biggest marketing challenges of 2017. Building your platform.Read More »
- To start 2017, Chris and Becca outline a new direction for the podcast and talk about the basic principles of marketing that every author should know in the SMART Marketing Manifesto.Read More »
- This week's episode introduces you to the 30-Day Challenge For A Better 2017 that Chris is running on her website. In this episode she'll introduce you to the first five days and encourage you to follow along for the rest of the month for a better 2017. Are you ready for a better 2017?Read More »
- In this episode authorpreneur Krystal Shannan talks about her multi-platform author parties and the new model for how authors can get instant buy-in with fans through giveaways and interaction on multiple platforms.Read More »
- In this week's episode of The Smarty Pants Book Marketing Podcast, author and coach Shelley Hitz shares her advice on everything from Facebook Live to dictation software.Read More »
- In this episode of the podcast, hybrid author Ritter Ames shares her book marketing secrets and how she supplements what her publisher does to sell her books.Read More »
- In this episode Dan Wood, Director of Author Relations for Draft2Digital, talks about the many resources they provide to help authors publish, distribute, and market their books.Read More »
- In today’s episode Maria Connor, owner and founder of My Author Concierge talks about her new book, Write More-Do Less, and how finding and hiring a qualified author assistant can turbocharge an author’s success.Read More »
- In this episode of the Smarty Pants Book Marketing Podcast, Shawn Manaher, founder of Book Marketing Tools and Reader Deals tackles how authors can use free books, legitimate reviews, and networking with other authors to build long-term book sales.Read More »
- In this episode co-hosts Chris and Becca Syme discuss ramifications of the new Amazon review policy for incentivized reviews and what it means to authors. Also, the two smarty pants hosts give their recommendation for developing advance review teams.Read More »
- In this episode of The Smarty Pants Book Marketing Podcast, authorpreneur Bryan Cohen shares the perfect recipe for book descriptions and gives advice to authors who are considering writing in a new genre. Show Notes: Bryan shares his background as … Read MoreRead More »
- In this episode of The Smarty Pants Book Marketing Podcast, veteran Anne Allen shares how she build her audience from the ground up.Read More »
- Is it really possible to reach your dream as an author? In this episode bestselling author and business coach Honoree Corder talks about her book Prosperity for Writers and shares the secrets she has used to help other bestselling authors and business people succeed.Read More »
- In this episode of the Smarty Pants Book Marketing Podcast, we interview book marketer extraordinaire Kirsten Oliphant. Share her journey from wannabe fiction writer to prolific blogger and book marketer.Read More »
- In this episode of the podcast bestselling nonfiction author Josh Bernoff talks about his new book Writing Without Bullshit and shares his take on everything from emojis to weasel words.Read More »
- In this episode of the Smarty Pants Book Marketing Podcast, Chris and Becca discuss a recent case study from J.F. Penn on how to make the USA Today bestseller list with ad stacking and email promotions.Read More »
- In this episode, Becca and co-host K.C. Klein do a summer conference wrap up on RWA, ComicCon, and their take on how much social media marketing is enough, and more.Read More »
- In episode 012, Chris visits with Stephen Campbell, book marketing strategist and popular podcaster at theauthorbiz.com. Don't forget to take a look at the show notes to get a preview of their interview along with all the links from the episode.Read More »
- In this episode, Chris and Becca finish the five essential steps in setting up a successful email marketing system.Read More »
- In this week's episode Chris and Becca talk about all things email marketing beginning with the essentials authors need to know.Read More »
- In this podcast episode nonfiction author Kristi Dosh shares how to take advantage of opportunities to establish your expertise by writing, blogging, speaking, and consistent work. Kristi is author of the bestselling book Saturday Millionaires, on the business of college football.Read More »
- In this podcast episode social media expert Frances Caballo shares her wisdom about Goodreads, productivity tools, where authors should be on social media, and more.Read More »
- In this episode of the podcast, Chris and Becca interview Jodi Vaughn, a bestselling paranormal author and Somewhere, TX novelist and preview the Romance Writers of America 2016 conference. Jodi is a finalist in the RWA National Reader's Choice Award and she shares her tips about how to get maximum benefits from attending RWA#16 in San Diego. Becca and Chris share their conference tips, give a preview of some of the premier events, and give eating and exploring tips for the San Diego area.Read More »
- In this episode of the Smarty Pants Book Marketing Podcast, book publicity expert Sandra Beckwith explores ways indie authors can promote their books that are online and offline. Also, Chris and Becca preview the Romance Writers of America national conference in San Diego.Read More »
- In this episode of the podcast, indie author Krystal Shannan shares her secrets of balancing the indie author life of writing, motherhood, and marketing. Krystal shares how her own experience with marketing has been an evolution of finding what works and what does not. Indie author marketing.Read More »
- In episode 004, well-known publishing industry expert Jane Frideman gives listeners the skinny on everything from pitching traditional publishers to book pricing and more.Read More »
- Join host Chris Syme as she visits with longtime Amazon expert Penny Sansevieri about the latest on fake reviews, keywords, Amazon's new version of the Vine review program for books, how to reach out to Amazon for help, and the Goodreads/Amazon partnership and where that might be going.Read More »
- Episode 002: Jim Kukral on Marketing Strategies Every Author Needs To Sell More Books Show Notes: In today’s show Jim shares his background in online marketing and shares his take on how book marketing has changed with the advent of … Read MoreRead More »
- Episode 001: Meet the Smarty Pants Book Marketing Podcast with Chris and Becca Syme Show Notes: Welcome to the first episode of the Smarty Pants Book Marketing Podcast. In this episode co-hosts Chris and Becca Syme talk about the … Read MoreRead More »
Hosted by USA Today bestselling author Becca Syme and award-winning marketer Chris Syme
The best mother-daughter one-two punch in book marketing!
Join Becca and Chris to discover how to be a true smarty pants book marketer with everything from social media to email list building to website essentials and much more. You'll also get an opportunity to hear from some of the top book marketing experts and indie authors who have succeeded at marketing their own books using smarty pants strategies.
What Makes This Podcast Different--you know, why should you listen?
Most book marketing podcasts just give you information...and that is great. We'll do plenty of that. But if you really want to learn how to be a marketer, not just "do marketing", then you'll love this podcast. Co-hosts award-winning marketer Chris Syme and bestselling indie author Becca Syme bring their years of experience to the table to give indie authors actionable help to overcome the challenges of selling their books. You'll get the marketing expert side and the indie author side on all the tactics. In addition to their sage advice, they'll be bringing on smarty pants experts to zero in on specific challenges you face in marketing.
Help Us Get the Word Out!
Use the hashtag #smartypantspodcast on Facebook and Twitter to help your friends discover the podcast. Share the subscribe links below.
Subscribe to the Podcast--Don't Miss an Episode!
Click on the button to subscribe below (Stitcher is the podcast app for Android/Windows phones. If you don't have the Stitcher app on your Android phone, install the app first, from Google Play, then add the podcast.)