In this episode Chris explains the three cardinal rules of book promotions that will help insure the success of your book marketing efforts.
Show Notes & Links:
-The Three Cardinal Rules of Book Promotions (ignore them at your own peril):
- When choosing a book promotion always consider value before cost.
- If you copy what another author does, you may not get the same results.
- You can get success with a free book promotion but sometimes you have to spend money to make money.
-Before you set out to copy another author’s promotion always compare these two sets of data markers:
- Basic data markers of comparison:
- Audience potential reach
- Social media engagement rates
- Other author’s platform level
- Data markers of the promotion you want to copy:
- Goal of the promotion
Examples of good data driven marketing solution books:
- Chris Fox’s Six Figure Author and Launch to Market
- The Prosperous Writer’s Guide to Making More Money by Honoree Corder and Brian Meeks
-Chris’ closed Facebook group, SMART Marketing for Authors
-Chris’ premium online course ( with an exciting update), Mastering Online Book Marketing for Authors
-Resource page for Book Promotion Value Index and Data Markers for Copycat Marketing test.
-Podcast episode 30: Author Platform Levels
-Podcast episode 37: Roni Loren on Building Loyal Fan Groups
Be sure and answer the question of the week in the comments: What book promotions have worked for you?