To start 2017, Chris and Becca outline a new direction for the podcast and talk about the basic principles of marketing that every author should know in the SMART Marketing Manifesto.
SHOW NOTES & LINKS
-New and improved podcast format for 2017 – We are focused!
-Why you need to ditch “tips and tricks marketing” in 2017
-The SMART Marketing Manifesto:
- Sustainable – Choose marketing practices that will stand the test of time – Make sure you spend time and money formulating marketing that is based on principles and fly by night get rich quick schemes.
- Manageable How to spend less time marketing and more time writing.
- Audience-Specific—The difference maker in 2017. Learn audience targeting, specific launch strategies, and online content aimed at your audience’s needs.
- Relevant – Not hip or trendy but useful and valuable to the audience. As Jay Baer would say it’s about help, not hype.
- Tactics Last—Strategy First – Tips and tricks only help you figure one piece of the marketing puzzle at a time. Start with goals and strategies and your tactics will be obvious and ongoing.
-Jan. 10 at 12 PM Mountain: Chris joins Frances Caballo to talk about how to sell more books with less social media. Register here to be there: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/8569121215329127427
-Join the SMART Marketing for Authors closed Facebook group today: https://www.facebook.com/groups/smartsocialmediaforauthors/
Don’t forget to go to answer the question of the week in the comments below. We want to hear from you!
What is your biggest marketing challenge for 2017?