In this episode of The Smarty Pants Book Marketing Podcast, authorpreneur Bryan Cohen shares the perfect recipe for book descriptions and gives advice to authors who are considering writing in a new genre.
- Bryan shares his background as a copywriter and how he got started as a writer.
- Why authors need to learn how to simplify their book’s plot for a better book description.
- Why you need a call-to-action at the end of your book description.
- Bryan’s new writing adventure.
The usual suspects:
- SMART Marketing for Authors Facebook group (Chris & Becca on book marketing)
- Weekly Insider book marketing tips sheet (free book marketing super pack still available)
Links from our guest:
- Bryan’s new book How to Write a Sizzling Synopsis
- Link to the Sell More Books Show podcast
- Cinderella Dreams of Fire (Bryan’s new book under the pen name Casey Lane)
- Sell More Books Show bonus episode on Bryan’s book launch experiment
- Selling For Authors Facebook group
- Best Page Forward copywriting service
If you liked the podcast, would you consider leaving a review on iTunes? It helps other authors find us. Here’s a post from our friend Stephen Campbell on how to do that. We’d love to hear from you. Leave a comment and let us know what your biggest takeaway was from Bryan’s advice.