In this episode Chris defines word-of-mouth (WOM) marketing and talks about why it will be a go-to marketing strategy going forward. Chris shares seven key WOM strategies you’ll need in 2019 and why they will beat your ads for selling books.
Show Notes & Links:
-What’s coming to the show in 2019?
-What is word-of-mouth marketing?
-Statistics on why word-of-mouth marketing is key to any marketing system.
-Our present marketing systems rely too much on paid ad strategies.
7 word-of mouth strategies to start now:
- Build an author friend network in your genre.
- Build an advance reader/review team.
- Encourage fan-generated content on your Facebook page.
- Share reader reviews on social media.
- Consider a rewards program
- Highlight a super fan book review every newsletter.
- Be generous!
Links (click ’em, they’re live):
22Social (rewards and promotions application for Facebook) – check them out here: https://www.22s.com/app/site
NY Times bestselling author Roni Loren “building a fan group” podcast: https://cksyme.com/episode37/
Anne Janzer blog post of books to give writer friends: https://annejanzer.com/shopping-guide-writers-life/