In this week’s episode, Chris and Becca discuss how to run “spike campaigns” to sell books for goals that aren’t necessarily a book launch with a process called ad stacking.
Using a published case study from thriller author J.F. Penn, the hosts discuss:
- What is ad stacking and when it works and doesn’t work
- How to know if a another author’s case study can work for you
- What goals work best with ad stacking
- Why an author would want to hit a bestseller list—what are the benefits besides selling books.
- Why books on Kindle Unlimited (KDP Select) cannot make the USA Today or NY Times bestseller lists.
- Penn’s top three tips when starting a spike campaign
- Who should and should not “try this at home.”
This week’s links:
- Sign up here to get Chris’ exclusive weekly book marketing tips email and get 20 free email lead magnets for fiction authors!
- Link to Becca’s newsletter class
- Link to Joann Penn’s case study
- Click for info about the USA Today Bestseller List
- How to leave a podcast review on iTunes (thank you)
- Get info on the Aug. 30 SMART Marketing for Authors Master Class