In this episode of the podcast, Chris and Becca interview Jodi Vaughn, a bestselling paranormal author and Somewhere, TX novelist. Jodi is a finalist in the RWA National Reader’s Choice Award and she shares her tips about how to get maximum benefits from attending RWA#16 in San Diego. Becca and Chris share their conference tips, give a preview of some of the premier events, and give eating and exploring tips for the San Diego area.
- Becca and Chris talk about keeping up on conference events via social media using the conference hashtag on Facebook and Twitter: #RWA16
- What’s the first thing to do when you get to the conference headquarters?
- Your invite to meet Chris at the trade show on Friday
- Don’t miss the Wednesday night Literacy Signing
- Tips for first-timers
- Wardrobe do’s and do not’s
- Local tips for eating and shopping
- Click here for the Erin Knightley YouTube video on how to pack for the conference without having to check a bag
- RWA Conference Website and events schedule
- Links to the Uber phone app here (Apple) (Android)
- San Diego Trolley tours
- Info on the San Diego zoo
- The Headquarters shops and eateries--right across the street from the conference hotel. Chris says don’t miss Puesto or Seasons 52
- Seaport Village shops on the ocean
- Comic Con information (July 20-24): http://www.comic-con.org/cci
- Restaurant Recommendations:
- Jodi’s website: http://jodivaughn.com/
- Jodi’s author Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/www.jodivaughn
Follow us on Twitter:
- Becca: http://twitter.com/beck_a_tron
- Chris: http://twitter.com/cksyme
- Jodi: http://twitter.com/JodiVaughn1
We’ll see you in San Diego and don’t forget to use the #RWA16 hashtag!
Don’t miss an episode. Subscribe today:
- iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/smarty-pants-book-marketing/id1116181738
If you liked us (and who doesn’t?), please leave a review on iTunes or Stitcher. Is there something you’d like us to cover in the podcast? Leave your suggestions in the comments!